Posted By Abishek Ramesh
posted on Mon 12 Nov 2018 at 10:11 AM
Shirodhara comes from two Sanskrit words, 'shiro' meaning 'head' and 'dhara' meaning 'low. It is an Ayurvedic treatment for curing a lot of health issues and is also an important therapy in the Panchakarma treatment. It is used to treat a lot of diseases like sinusitis, migraine, headache, vision and various other neurological disorders. This Ayurvedic treatment is considered to be the best to manage stress.
Liquid having medicinal value are poured on the forehead and sometimes on the scalp when required. The type of liquid depends on what is being treated. Liquids like cow's milk, oil, buttermilk, coconut water or even plain water are used during the treatment. Kairali Ayurvedic Center, an Ayurvedic day-care centre, first established in New Delhi, India, in the year 1989, delivers the best and the most authentic Ayurvedic treatments
for treating various health disorders. Proper consultation and guidance are available at the day centres and these centres are located in different locations within and outside India. Kairali Ayurvedic Group
, an ancient Ayurvedic body, established in the year 1908, has been imparting good health through Ayurveda. Emanating from a bunch of knowledgeable and experienced disciplinarians and physicians, Mr. K.V. Ramesh and Mrs. Gita Ramesh, the Managing Director and Joint Managing Director of the Company, formalized this institution to preach the true essence of Ayurveda.
Shirodhara has different forms known as ksheeradhara, thakradhara, taildhara and jaladhara. This is a treatment to attain complete relaxation
and can start from a full body massage known as Abhyangam. The healing effect produced by Shirodhara is similar to that attained with meditation. There are a lot of benefits that can be attained if one undergoes a Shirodhara
treatment. Some of the major benefits of this Ayurvedic therapy are as follows:
1. Activating the senses: With the help of this oil pouring technique, the senses get activated and the hormones secreted from the pituitary glands help control the flow of blood proper functioning of the organs of the body.
2. Improved Nervous System: It helps in stimulating and relaxing the stressed nerves which help the cerebral system to work properly thus leading to an improved nervous system.
3. Attain Mental Peace: This treatment helps to balance the flow of chemicals within the brain and various parts of the body. This, in turn, gives total mental clarity and improves the concentration level of the patient.
4. Treats Hair Loss: As the oil is poured on the forehead and the scalp, it helps the oil to reach out to 88520the roots thus conditioning the hair follicles and making it strong. It penetrates deep into the scalp and provides good health to the roots.
5. Improves the quality of sleep: This procedure of oil pouring is highly beneficial for attaining proper sleep as it relaxes the mind and restores the natural rhythm of the body.
Hence, Shirodhara treatment is a wholesome Ayurvedic therapy that produces long-lasting and relaxing effects.